Isringhausen Imports is a proud sponsor of the 2021 Levitt AMP Springfield Music Series, a free 10-week concert series featuring a diverse line-up of artists on the “Y Block” next to the Governor’s Mansion. Attendees will enjoy great live music, food and beverage vendors, a play area for the kids, and more.
The first season in 2019 attracted more than 7,700 attendees and was voted “Best Free Entertainment” by Illinois Times readers. The event’s second season was originally scheduled for the summer of 2020 but postponed due to COVID-19.
The concerts are made possible by a grant by the Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation, which seeks to present a broad range of music genres and cultural programming in underused outdoor spaces. Springfield is one of 20 small to mid-sized cities to receive a matching grant for 2021, beating out numerous other hopefuls in online voting.
Here is the summer 2021 lineup:
- Thursday, June 3: Kaleb Mitchell (Gospel Hip-Hop)
- Thursday, June 10: Esmé Patterson (Indie Folk)
- Thursday, June 17: Nelly’s Echo (R&B)
- Thursday, June 24: Henhouse Prowlers (Bluegrass)
- Thursday, July 1: New Orleans Jazz Ramblers (Jazz)
- Thursday, July 8: Tito Puente, Jr. (Latin Jazz)
- Thursday, July 15: Gizzae (Reggae)
- Thursday, July 22: Fulanito (Latin Dance)
- Thursday, July 29: Kapital Sound (R&B)
- Thursday, Aug. 5: Ratboys (Rock)
** UPDATE **
The 2021 Levitt AMP Springfield Music Series has concluded. The new and improved stage was a welcome addition, and the entertainment lineup was fantastic. Thanks to everyone who attended for making the concert series such a big success.