Mercedes-Benz has unveiled the third generation of its popular Sprinter commercial van line. Available in more than 1,700 different configurations, the new Sprinter is more adaptable than ever to meet the needs of demanding fleet vehicle owners. Highlights include:
- Front-wheel drive and new transmissions: The well-proven drive concept with rear and all-wheel drive is now supplemented with a new, entry-level front wheel drive system. For reasons inherent to the design, the payload of this version increases by 110 pounds compared to the rear-wheel drive, and a three-inch-lower loading sill makes loading/unloading more convenient.
- Driver cockpit that sets standards: Ergonomically optimized and comfortable — these aspects turn the cab into a perfect workplace. The improvements include ergonomically shaped seats, keyless start and an improved air conditioning system. A variable stowage concept ensures that everything has its place.
- The absolute leader in safety: The assistance and control systems available for the new Sprinter include a reversing camera showing its image in the rear-view mirror, a modern Parking package with a 360-degree all-round view, a rain sensor and an integrated Wet Wiper system. The washer fluid is passed through the wiper arms, sprayed directly ahead of the wiper blades and wiped away with no delay – for optimum visibility even during the wiping process.
- Internet connection yields leap forward in efficiency: with state-of- the-art connectivity hardware and the Mercedes PRO connect services, the new Sprinter becomes part of the Internet of Things. Simpler fleet controlling and optimized communications between fleet manager and driver are among the innovations designed to make everyday work easier and more efficient. This makes a completely new level of vehicle management possible for fleets.
- Practical and with a high load capacity: loadable wheel arches and fully usable load compartment heights in combination with front-wheel drive increase the versatility of the load compartment. The maximum load capacity is 600 cu. ft., with tonnages up to 6 tons. LED lighting strips ensure optimum visibility in the load compartment, and the rear doors can be opened to the side walls even more easily.
The new Mercedes-Benz Sprinter will be available at Isringhausen Imports by the end of 2018.